Invitation to Nominate for SSAA Northern Rivers Branch Committee
The Northern Rivers Branch is one of NSW's largest branches by membership, with nearly 2,000 members.
The Committee is actively seeking members of the club to nominate for both the Branch Committee and Disciplinary Panel.
Why should I nominate for the Branch Committee?
There are many reasons to nominate for the Branch Committee. Some include;
- You have ideas in ways of which the running of the club can be improved.
- You have expertise or experience you think may be useful to the club.
- You want to get a good understanding of approaches being taken to improve facilities and events.
- You want to continue to ensure the club is run with professionalism and probity.
- You have time to dedicate 3 hours once a month to the club, and want to give back to the club.
- You understand that in order for you to continue enjoying your shooting sports at the club, the club cannot exist without a Committee.
Do I need prior Committee experience?
Prior Committee experience is not a pre-requisite for nominating for Committee.
What workload is involved in being a Committee Member?
Committee meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month, alternating at Lismore Workers Club or Casino RSM. Meetings start at 6:30 PM and generally run for 3 hours.
We encourage club members with different skill sets to join the committee, so each Committee member can contribute in different ways.
Are there any things that can exclude me from nominating for Committee?
Section 9.2 of the Branch Constitution defines the Restrictions on Committee Members.
How can I nominate?
Fill out the 2019 SSAA Northern Rivers Branch Committee Nomination Form and send via email or post to the returning officer by 28 February 2019.
The Returning Officer is Max Richardson SSAA No:457118.
Nomination can be sent by email to the returning officer at email@example.com, or by postal mail to the Branch.
If sending by mail address your letter to;
SSAA Northern Rivers Branch
P.O Box 899
Casino NSW 2470